Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Is olive oil/coconut oil a good body moisturizer?

is it actually meant to be better than ready-made moisturizers these days? i heard that the egyptians used to use them and they have the most beautiful skin ever.Is olive oil/coconut oil a good body moisturizer?
In moderation, yes. I use a teaspoon of olive oil on my hair as a mask, let it sit for 10 minutes and then wash my hair twice with a good cleansing shampoo, and my hair is much, much softer and less static-y. I also use olive oil on my nails and massage the cuticles. The oil helps keep the cuticle soft and less dry, and the massaging combined with the oil helps your nails grow twice as much in one week (if done every day). I use olive oil as a moisturizer on my hands as I have very dry skin and it gets cracked in the winter-time. First I wash, pat dry so they're still damp, apply some olive oil, then lotion on top of that, slip on some gloves and relax. After it all soaks in my skin is smooth and the cracks are almost healed.





Baby oil I've never put in my hair, but I have used it for tanning and also as a moisturizer for my legs.Is olive oil/coconut oil a good body moisturizer?
It can get reallly greasy, but YES! I have a bottle of coconut oil under my sink and once every couple of months I use it right after I get out of the shower... a little goes a long way! It's also really good for after tanning and such!! I like the way it smells and it does make your skin silky smooth!
My wife used these for years she has that almost transparent skin of a redhead
olive oil is great
yes. you can put it on a baby's hair and it helps it grow better. if you can put olive oil on a birds legs and feet you can put it on your body.
Yes, excellent! Also Shea butter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment