Saturday, December 26, 2009

Vegetable oil or Olive?

I prefer Olive oil for cooking.





What do you cook with?Vegetable oil or Olive?
For most of my cooking I use Olive oil, but it really depends on what I'm cooking because it isn't the best oil for all types of cooking.....Vegetable oil or Olive?
Depends on what you are cooking, olive oil is healthier and so some people use it explicitly, how ever it is also more expensive and should be dependent on the dish, I also lke to drizzle a little on fresh green salads, for most things though olive oil and veg are interchangable, if all you need is a little fat to fry with and arent worried about not having the olive oil flavor, then vegoil or even butter is an acceptable substitute, just remember thay while you need to use fats and oils sparingly that fat is flavor.
olive oil for cooking


veg oil for baking
if cooking meat though, cook on high heat in a gridle pan, ..no oil at all, any oil isnt good for you, its just how much, and olive oil is one of the least harmful oils to your health, but still an oil. Some butters, margarines come with omega 3 oils good for health but found in fish etc......., but too much goes a long way to reversing the effects for your body.
Definitely depends on what I'm making. For Mexican food like Rellenos it's veg oil for sure. I use olive oil about 75% of the time. Always veg oil for baking and heavy frying.
olive oil
EVOO rules. I have some peanut oil in the fridge for asian cooking, but day-in and day out it's Costco EVOO.
Olive oil for anything savory. Canola oil for anything sweet. They are the 2 healthiest oils!
Olive Oil


Enova Oil


Veg oil (only for baking)
A sunflower %26amp; canola oil mix, it's nutritionally better than olive or canola oil on its own (according to the nutritional analysis on labels). I also use olive oil, but it can be expensive as the main oil in the long run.
olive all the food.
Depends on what I am cooking. If the taste of olive oil won't overpower the dish, I use it because of the health benefits. For baking and dishes where I don't want to taste the oil, I use canola oil (it is healthier than vegetable). Also, there are a few instances where butter is the best option--- but very few!

No comments:

Post a Comment