Friday, December 18, 2009

Does garlic mold in olive oil?

Ive been making my own salad dressing for years, and this weekend I tried something different. I put whole garlic cloves in extra virgin olive oil, white vinegar and some herbs. Today I look at the mixture and the garlic cloves at the bottom have green on them? Could it be mold? I never would have thought that garlic would mold in olive oil, but I could be wrong. Is this mold?Does garlic mold in olive oil?
Oh be careful, read this link:





http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/foo鈥?/a>Does garlic mold in olive oil?
I have heard that garlic stored in oil at room temp can lead to botulism. Apparently that bacteria likes garlic.
No it's not mold but the chemical reaction with the virgin olive oil and vinegar.





These two liquids will turn raw garlic green.
I don't know about mold but it is the perfect conditions for botulism.
don`t know don`t care

No comments:

Post a Comment