Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Aquaphor or olive oil to lock in moisture?

my 19month old has eczema,


one doctor told me to apply her cream(at the time was glaxal base) right after her baths to lock in moisture...


then her pediatrician told me i should apply oil to her skin after a bath(suggested olive oil)


NOW my baby is using aquaphor as a moisturizer during the day, should i be using this when shes done baths, or should i stick with the olive oil?Aquaphor or olive oil to lock in moisture?
I would stay away from any oil in bath water. If the baby happens to get water in the mouth it could be dangerous to the lungs because of the oil. I would apply cream after the bath.Aquaphor or olive oil to lock in moisture?
I use olive oil. It's great. But, they also have the Olive Oil Cream in a jar and it's not so oily, but good moisturizer.





There are so many good ones. Someone swore to me that rubbing ';castor oil'; on your skin was like a miracle in taking away dryness. I've not tried it yet, but I bought some yesterday and will definately give it a try this week!





Here's another miracle oil I heard about - coconut oil! I heard it was ';totally awesome'; at relieving very dry skin! My problem with this is it seems like it would be ';sticky'; but I was told no it is not sticky, and another miracle aid for skin!





So between any of these, your baby should get a new skin. I believe that any oil rubbed on the skin while still wet, will lock in moisture and is excellent if used daily especially - this means: Baby oil, Olive oil, Castor oil, Coconut oil, Sesame Oil (smells So GOOD!)





Try some of these = I bet you'll have great results!
You can try going to { genniesalve.com } Its helping with this allot.

No comments:

Post a Comment