Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Olive oil. Which one do I use for...?

I have a pump sprayer for oil. I'm not sure which olive oil to put in it for cooking veggies, browning meat and so on. I have heard that olive oil has a strong flavor. I don't want that one. Or should I use a different kind of oil. Can you tell I'm clueless? LOL





And do I use a different one for salad dressings?Olive oil. Which one do I use for...?
If you use olive oil for cooking use less expensive oil. But bear in mind that olive oil has a lower smoking point than peanut, canola or other oils. This means it will burn at a lower temperature. If you want a high quality and generally stronger taste, the best (and usually more expensive) is extra virgin olive il that is the first press (and also cold pressed). I don't know why you would want to use a pump though? Perhaps you do not want to consume much oil? It is probably less wasteful in certain cases. For example if you roast vegetables and afterwards want to season them with olive oil the pump may be useful (and less wasteful).Olive oil. Which one do I use for...?
Oils are generally seperated by the temperature at which you are cooking. Olive oil is an all around great choice. The flavor is NOT overwhelming, but it is best used at low, medium, and medium high heats. Vegetable oil is much better at high heats. Olive oil is the healthiest choice, but if you are really going to be frying something, vegetable oil should be used. Salad dressings are great with olive oil. Mix some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and that is such a delicious dressing!
HI there





Olive oil is very healthy you can not taste it on the food when you cook with it, this is the one I use for browning meat and so on. It is also good in salads but if you prefer something else try walnut oil, it's delicious on saladas.





I hope this helps.
Olive oil is a great oil to use, you would want to go for the one that says extra light virgin olive oil. As for salad dressings you might want to try grapeseed oil, healthfood stores should have that one.
For salad dressings use extra virgin because you want the flavor. If you're only cooking veggies you might want to use Canola or a different type of oil as they have a higher smoking temo. If you want to use olive oil without the strong taste buy plain olive oil, NOT the extra virsgin.

No comments:

Post a Comment