Wednesday, December 16, 2009

IS the olive oil we use for cooking same can be used for baby massage?

Yep. My health visitor recommended it to me when my newborn had dry skin, it worked wonders.IS the olive oil we use for cooking same can be used for baby massage?
I went to baby massage classes with my daughter and the oil we used was called grapeseed oil. It has to be edible as a young baby will put bodies parts into mouth. Hope this helpsIS the olive oil we use for cooking same can be used for baby massage?
Yes it is. My baby had dry skin and was recommended to use olive oil on his skin. I also do baby massage with the same olive oil. Some new mums think it will make the baby smell of cooking but it doesn't. Its fine as long as you give them a bath straight after.
Yes it is, i recently used it for my baby's skin, just dont use a flavoured kind.
Sure. If it's safe to eat, it's safe for baby's skin.
pure olive oil or almond oil is best for baby massage :)
Yes, you can use olive oil. Or you can use avocado oil, it has lots of vitamin E in it. Many people use grapeseed oil because it is nice and light. Don't use generic vegetable oil though, and cold pressed is best. If it isn't cold pressed, the heat kills all the vitamins in it, and many of those other oil extraction techniques use industrial solvents which are then washed out. No idea how you wash solvents out of oil, so I don't touch that stuff!





I would steer clear of nut oils myself, since allergies are so common. Always do a patch test before using a different type of oil.
I would not use that type of oil but the one that i would use is baby oil which is a know brand, such as boots, tesco, sainsburys as long as it has on the back suitable for babies then it should be ok. If you used the cooking one then it could cause the baby to develop a allergy.
yes....go ahead and use it. I attended an infant massage class at my local hospital and that is what we used. I have used it on my daughter for months now. Any single ingredient oil will work well. I was told not to use baby oil or oils with mineral oil in them because they can clog babies pores.
i hope your baby wont smell like a chip afterwards.
Yes, it works wonders!!! This is recommended for babies born with dry skin patches. I used olive oil on my daughter every day and she has beautiful skin. You don't even have to wash it off. It is highly recommended.
Yes - absolutely. I am doing a baby massage class at the moment and the teacher recommends just using pure olive oil that you use for cooking, and nothing else.


Organic is best however.
I wouldn't think so.
You would be better off with pharmaceutical olive oil, available from the chemist.
Yes its also good in the bath if your baby suffers from dry skin
Actually it is. I took a baby massage class at our local health department when my daughter was around 3 or 4 months old. I do remember them telling us you could use olive oil as long as it wasn't any of the oils that were flavored (such as garlic or had the spices in them). I'm sure if you call your local health department they will be able to help you. There is a certain way to massage a baby, away from the heart before a certain age, and then towards the heart after that but I don't remember the ages though. I actually just threw out the handbook a few weeks ago or else I could be more helpful. But my suggestion would be to call the health dept. and either take the class (ours was only one night for a couple hours) or at least request a book from them. They are very helpful and have great tips.
Olive oil is great for massage and it may be spendy it wont hurt the Baby. Olive oil is an ancient remedy even in ancient Mexico. I am never without olive oil. You are a smart mama and it sounds like your relatives taught you well
do not use cooking oil as it will damage your chillds skin permanantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment