Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Has anyone ever put olive oil in their dog's food to stop itching?

I give my St bernard fish oil capsules. They are full of omega 3 fatty acids which is great for the skin and coat. My Saint likes it when I roll it in a piece of cheese. lol I give him a 1000 mg capsule twice a day, but he is 220 lbs so reduce for smaller dogs. He has dry skin and allergies the vet tried several different meds but the only thing that helped was the fish oil. It also makes his coat shiny.Has anyone ever put olive oil in their dog's food to stop itching?
Putting oil on their food is great for both skin and coat, particularly in dry winter weather. What works even better is a salmon oil capsule daily.Has anyone ever put olive oil in their dog's food to stop itching?
yeah does everone does that
If anone thinks it works I will try it. I feel quite sure that it won't hurt them.
I've never tried olive oil but I do give my dogs flax seed oil.
I have! I then found out about flaxseed oil (for pets) found at Wholefoods. It really makes the coat shine. If you still want to use olive oil...depending on the size (I have a lab...1 teaspoon per cup 2X a day)
Yes and you can also give them fish oil capsules in their food. I have heard that fresh, cooked salmon will help also. Mackerel will too. Anything that has Omega 3 fatty oil in it will help.
yep...it works and makes their coats silky.
yes. you can also rub it directly on him

No comments:

Post a Comment