Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Do you like and use olive oil?

Yes, as much as possible.Do you like and use olive oil?
Yes... olive oil is great, perhaps the best cooking oil. Turns out that it might actually have health benefits as well...





According to the FDA:


';Limited and not conclusive scientific evidence suggests that eating about two tablespoons (23 grams) of olive oil daily may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to the monounsaturated fat in olive oil. To achieve this possible benefit, olive oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day.';Do you like and use olive oil?
I use it regularly for all kinds of things. It gives a nutritional boost to anything that contains tomatoes. Studies have found that the phytochemical lycopene is in higher concentrations when olive oil and tomatoes mix. I also saute meats and veggies in it. Extra virgin olive oil has a great flavor. French and sourdough bread taste great dipped in EVOO with fresh cracked pepper mixed in it.
Yes- I do it because it has healthy fat that is good for your body
I love olive oil and it is the only oil I cook with.
Yes and yes, when it's appropriate to use.
I use a good extra virgin olive oil with fresh lemon or lime juice on salads and some dishes like stuffed grape leaves. I don't like it for frying as it is an acquired taste. It does carry garlic well.
Love it! Anything from sauteeing to salad dressing. The only time I use canola is for baking.
yes, it is great for cooking as well as for dipping (mixed with Balsamic Vinegar) French bread.
absolutely! especially, garlic olive oil. yum
Oh, well I *like* it, but I don't *use* it. Wait, maybe it's that I DON'T like it, but I use it anyway.... Oh, I forget.
yes..it has a great taste and it is very good for you,i use it as much as possible.
Yes I like olive oil, and yes, I use it. It's great for salad dressing, for keeping pasta from sticking together when you cook it, and for low temperature frying. I use it a lot when I'm making Greek or Italian dishes. Instead of using garlic butter on bread to accompany pasta, take a small dish of olive oil (plain or flavored) with Parmesan cheese grated into it, maybe crack some black pepper on top and dip your bread into it. Tastes delicious and doesn't have as much animal fat.





I flavor my own olive oil. Use a bit of oil to give some room, then add a few garlic cloves, just slightly cracked, not crushed or mashed. Let the bottle set in a cool, dark place for about a month, and use. The other kind I like to make is to add lightly bruised fresh rosemary to the oil. My brother sometimes uses red pepper flakes in his olive oil.





Don't use olive oil for high-temp frying, because it'll smoke, set off your smoke detector, ruin your food, and make your kitchen smelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment